Saturday, June 11, 2011

Geek Trip: Mighty Beanz

I was on a routine site visit with my colleagues a few weeks ago when one of them told me about this new toy her son is so OBSESSED about...Mighty Beanz! Her son collects them, races them, trades them, etc! So the geek in me got so intrigued! Intrigued enough to go to Rustan's and purchase a few just to see if I get inspired enough to collect them. And this is what I found:



They're little plastic beans, with little metal balls inside that causes them to twitch and jump. They also have colored film on them that give each of them a special character.  The ones above, from L to R, top row first, - Astronaut Bean, Drill Sergeant Bean, Football Bean, Musketeer Bean, Hotdog Bean, Bloodhound Bean, Snowboard Bean, and Karate Bean!  Beans are either common, rare, or ultra rare.  From the few packs that I got, I got mostly commons and one rare - the Drill Sergeant Bean.  You can only get rare beans from the multi-packs, and you can only get the ultra rare beans from the six packs.


I think they are a great collectible!  And fun for kids 5 years old and above to collect, trade, and play with!  Plus each bean is only P49.75 so it won't break the bank for Mommy and Daddy.

So far I've only seen them in Rustans but will keep a look out on where else they can be purchased!  Mighty Beans were created and manufactured by Moose Enterprise, in Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment